Ashley Dental offers safe and professional tooth extraction services. In many cases, even neglected teeth can be saved with proper dental care. However, that is not the case for all teeth. There are instances when tooth extraction is necessary. Here is a look at some of the common reasons for tooth extraction:
- Tooth decay of a severe level
- Wisdom tooth that is impacted
- Periodontal disease that is left untreated
- Orthodontic procedure that calls for tooth removal
- Damaged or loose teeth
- Overcrowded teeth
- Teeth that do not go through gums
Safety and Care
At Ashley Dental, we prioritize your safety and take extra special care to ensure your tooth extraction procedure is done without any hang-ups or issues. That also means explaining in detail the post-operative steps patients need to take. Patients are provided a pain-free tooth extraction process from start to finish.
Tooth Extraction Procedures
There is a very specific process for extracting a tooth at Ashley Dental. An x-ray will determine which tooth needs to be extracted and then preparations will be made for the actual extraction. Local anesthesia will be administered to numb the affected area. In some instances, general anesthesia will be required. Here is a closer look at the types of tooth extractions:
- Simple extraction – This procedure does not require surgery and is a method of pulling out the tooth using dental instruments.
- Surgical extraction – This type of procedure requires an incision as some of the gum and tissue will be cut in order to successfully remove the tooth.
After a tooth is extracted, there are several options when it comes to replacement as patients typically look for a way to fill the void left by the extraction process. At Ashley Dental, we offer a host of options. Patients can choose from a number of replacement methods, which that include the following:
- Dental implants – These are very popular and are a very close second to natural teeth. You won’t even notice the difference when going with this option.
- Dental bridge – This is a more affordable option than dental implants and are often temporary solutions for patients.
- Removable partial dentures – This choice allows the tooth or teeth to be used at a patient’s discretion as they can be easily removed from the mouth.
Whichever option you decide on, the staff at Ashley Dental will walk you through the process and ensure that your tooth extraction is safe, effective and meets your exact needs.
Contact Us Today
or Request An Appointment Online
Monday through Friday: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
After-hour appointments available by request!
3210 Landmark Drive
North Charleston, SC 29418
Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm.
3210 LANDMARK DRIVE, SUITE D,
NORTH CHARLESTON, SC 29418